There are 2 rounds in the TJHSST admission process: semi final & final round.
Semifinalist Pool Determination
1. Based on a sliding scale of grade point
average and test scores
2. GPA: 7th grade and 1st quarter
8th grade marks (core subjects)
3. TJ Test
2. Student Information Sheet
3. Teacher Recommendations (Average of 2)
4. Math & Verbal portions of the Admissions Test
5. 7th and 8th grade Math and Science Grade Point Average
Welcome to Young Scholars Circle!
Register for Tutoring Discounts Available!!
Our success rate ranges for past years.
- 2019 class: 32 out of 35 were offered final admissions.
- 2018 class: 35 out of 39 were offered final admissions.
- 2017 class: 29 students out of 28 became semifinalists. Also, 25 out of 28 semifinalists were offered final admissions.
Our TJ Test Prep Success Rate
UNLOCK YOUR CHILD'S POTENTIAL!
"We modify our instruction based on the assessment data of each child."
Why are we unique?
- Differentiated and individualized instruction
- Research-based strategies based on student's learning styles
- Experienced and highly qualified teachers
What does the TJ entrance test demand?
How to prepare for TJ?
What needs to be developed other than the academic skills?
How do we prepare students?
Why is our approach effective?
Schedule an Assessment, Class Schedule, Fees, Register Online & Class Details
8200 Greensboro Drive, Suite 900, McLean, VA 22102 Telephone: (703) 839-8141
Call today! (703) 880-9466 or (571) 426-4639
Mona, 2015 TJ Semifinalist
Mona is now a rising freshman, TJ 2015!
A former YSC student was one of the nation's top SAT math middle school scorers